Trident Insurance

Trident Insurance Logo
Trident Insurance Logo

Best Motor Trade
Road Risk Insurance Policy

We cover all aspects of motor trade road risk insurance
to the motor trade industry

Or Call

In need of motor trade road risk insurance?

If your business requires vehicle transportation, motor repairs, car sales or purchasing, then you need the best Motor Trade Road Risk Insurance on the market. 

Let Trident build the perfect policy for you, at the best possible price. 

Trident Insurance stands proud by our reputation of straight talking, efficiency and leaving you the Client feeling safe in the knowledge that we have offered you the best insurance service around.

Our Road Risk policies are specifically designed to ensure you are covered if the worst should happen. Road risk insurance covers you to drive vehicles you do not own, in order to carry out your business. Road Risk policies are the minimum level insurance required in order to meet any legal requirements.

Or Call

More Information

As with all motor trade insurance policies only drivers named on the Certificate of motor Insurance are covered. It is important that any person(s) that requires any level of cover are named on the policy unless you have included Accompanied Demonstration Use and it is for that purpose.

The policy also only covers vehicles that are owned by you or your spouse (if they are a named driver under the policy), and vehicles in your care, custody, and control for motor trade purposes. If you should happen to use any vehicle(s) for any purpose other than in connection with your motor trade business is not covered. You must tell us the type of vehicles you work with, so we can ensure you have the cover you require. 

It is extremely important that you tell us the type of vehicles you work with, so we can ensure you have the cover you require. Certain vehicle types may be excluded unless we have specifically extended cover in writing.

Before confirming your policy we will ask you exactly what type of vehicles you work with, and let you know if any of them are restricted in any way

As with all motor insurance policies, we can offer a number of different types of cover. Whether you need these will depend on your attitude to risk and the type of work you undertake in the motor trade.

Or Call

Call Back Request

Other areas of cover

 If you are a dealer and you want to allow potential customers to test drive your vehicles. It may help you secure a sale and may not cost as much as you think.

 If you are involved in moving vehicles (perhaps on a recovery truck or trailer) then our standard policy covers your minimum insurance requirement in doing so. But if you have a Comprehensive cover, you can extend this to cover vehicles in transit as well.

If you are involved in vehicle sales from Commercial premises, you may want to extend your Comprehensive policy to cover vehicles whilst left at the business premises.

These days, your NCB can make a big difference to your premium, but it can quickly be lost, even if the accidents are not your fault. Why not protect it, for a small additional premium?

is an optional product that provides cover for legal costs and expenses incurred in pursuing claims arising from a non-fault accident involving an insured vehicle.

Our Easy Process

Get in Contact

The first step is to get in contact with us. You can give us a call, select 'Get A Quote', or fill out the contact form to the right.

Schedule Meeting

Once we have received your enquiry, a member of our team will help you into being connected to the right department.

Assign an Agent

We assign you with a designated account manager who will be your point of contact should you need to contact them.

Start Your Policy

Once we have agreed your terms and conditions on your policy, we then start your policy at the price agreed (no hidden fees).

Get your Motor trade risk insurance quote.

Interested in our Motor Trade Insurance? Please fill in the form above and a member of our team will be in touch to provide you with a bespoke quotation.

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday

Contact Us

Why choose trident?

Decades of Experience

With 70+ years of insurance experience, we have deep insurance knowledge and experience to give you peace of mind.

Thousands already Insured

We proudly support over 10,000 people with insurance ensuring they don’t have to worry for a second of their life

Locally Stationed

Our staff, all based in the UK, receive full training and have their performance and knowledge assessed monthly to meet our highest standards. We only work with FCA or specific industry registered companies.

Ready to start your coverage?